last night we had an interesting eve where i dyed ruth’s hair for her. I guess it’s oneof those things one should do before you turn 30…
On another note: I was thinking about before 30 lists and thought i’d respond to the one i found on :blinman.com
50 things to do before you’re 30
1. Have a really stupid accident which necessitates a hospital visit – I was never hospitalised but i dunno how i walked away from it.
2. Shoot something – yes, Do fairground shooting games count? I won a cuddly toy too.
3. Take a weekend break more than 1000 miles from home – No and i never saw the point
4. Boot Linux on your home PC – I am geeky but not THAT geeky
5. Get lost in a country where you don’t speak the language – I have never been lost, but sometimes i haven’t been completly sure where i was.
6. Spend more than your monthly income on a pocket sized gadget – define pocket sized.
7. Post bail for a friend – nope
8. Break a really large plate glass window – yup, when i was about 9 and I ran away.
9. Make a parachute jump on a hangover – never done a parachute jump at all but would love to.
10. Use a whole roll of gaffa tape in one day – yes, several times.
11. Make a pointless modification to your house – yes, bogroll tower bathroom lining at Uni flat.
12. Neck a pint of peppermint oil – why would you? So no but i did down a mucky pint which consisted of a double baileys, half a cider and a concoction of unknowns..
13. Pull a shemale by mistake (but realise in time…) – thankfully no.
14. Buy a samurai sword – no but i hve cut my finger on one.
15. Delay paying a bill until the summons arrives – sadly yes.
16. Destroy a speed camera – oh how i have wanted to.
17. Refill an inkjet cartridge -yes but failed at this comically
18. Say something obscene on national television – nope
19. Do a J turn in order to beat somebody to a parking space – no but done a donut in a carpark to achieve the same effect.
20. Break a sledgehammer – broken a mallet – does that count?
21. Make a bomb – yes, i did tie about 10 german bangers together when i was 8 and blew a metalbucket to bits..
22. Smash a CRT – yes and enjoyed it.
23. Require medical treatment as a consequence of kinky sex gone wrong (STDs don’t count.)– no no no
24. Tip a waiter with something other than money – yes, a sainsburys voucher.
25. Light a fire with petrol – yes, wen i was 8 and yes it did get a little out of control.
26. Kidnap someone – no
27. Park inside a motorway service station – yeah
28. Own a convertible. – yes (well looked after for over a year)
29. Live abroad. – yes, student exchange in spain.
30. Drive at more than 140mph. – nearly
31. Get something for free through a masterpiece of complaining – yes, got a better phone upgrade several times.
32. Give yourself a mains electric shock. – yes when i was 6 with an old electric fire.
33. Completely dismantle an object larger than yourself – yes, various video walls
34. Write off a car – yes, mom’s fiat uno.
35. Fall asleep and get really hilarious sunburn – yes
36. Get drunk on Absinthe – yes at UNI – it was messy too.
37. Stay up all night listening to a girl have an emotional crisis – yes
38. Lick the terminals of a 9 volt battery – yes, many times
39. Take part in motorsport – not YET
40. Stay at the office for more than 24 hours – yes many many MANY times but now i do averything to avoid it.
41. Set off a fire extinguisher – oh yeah, great fun.
42. Drive at least 600 miles in a day on two lane roads -no
43. Hotwire a car – yes but it was a banger in a scrap yard and a friend was showing me how to prove a point.
44. Watch all the Monty Python films In one sitting – no
45. Shag an ex-girlfriend by mistake – no
46. Dial 999 – no
47. Commit a faux pas which means that a friend will never speak to you again – no
48. Make a bet you couldn’t afford to lose – yes
49. Read a 500 page book in one sitting – yes
50. Escape a perfectly justified parking ticket. – yes
Ok so taking libertis at the “sort of” answers i give myself a score of: 28 out of 50 – Not bad how will you score?