SO our car has been a bit on the blink recently and there’s a growing list of things that need doing to it and it makes me worry that she’s just dying a slow and soon-to-be expensive death. I could be wrong but i like the melodrama i’m generating as its matching my current mood.
The fault list is as follows:
- Speedometer Dropping: The speedo occasionally drops down to nothing while driving coupled with a drop in power. Usually this only lasts a few moments but this past weekend it don’t come back. Even after pulling over and turning the engine off it still didn’t play. It was only after i disconnected the battery, and reconnected it that it worked properly again. Luckily I have a speed app on y phone which is a temp backup if it goes again.
- Engine inconsistently running very hot: The engine normally runs at 70but I’ve noticed more and more i look down and its up at around 90. The inconsistency is that later on in the same journey it’ll be down to 70 again. If anything i’ve only seemed to notice this while in heavy traffic.
- Sticking Clutch: This has only happened a handful of times but it’s been unpleasant to deal with in heavy traffic. The clutch sticks halfway down the stroke. This means i have to hook my toe under the pedal and pull it back out. This again has only seemed to happen in heavy, slow moving, clutch busy traffic.
- Sometimes very smokey: Sometimes it’s really smokey at high revs but it’s not all the time so its difficult to figure out why.
- Internal Blower not working: Just after we arrived at New Wine i noticed that the fan blower had stopped working.. It’s just completely dead. With colder weather creeping in this needs to get sorted soon!!!
- Drivers side key lock gone: Our car was broken in to a couple of weeks back and they smashed the lock in so that still needs sorting.
- Groaning Brakes: It’s like a low frequency groan that only happens at certain speeds and sounds like its coming from the left front brake.
- Rear wiper: It’s supposed to be intermittent. Since we’ve owned the car its inter-working. It would be nice to get to work properly.
Hopefully it wont all cost us the price of a small car…