Before i became a christian i used to often think that Christianity was dull, frumpy and boring. I quickly realized that this was soooo far from he case. Yes there are some people out there who prefer a slower paced style of practising relgion which is absolutely fine. BUT there are people out there who live dynamic lives who make a difference in the name of Jesus.
27-7 shorts (which is part of the 24-7 Prayer movement – an idea of having prayer rooms in different cities that have prayer going on 24-7) is a website with a bunch of movies about Christians doing some amazing things and they are sooooo far from being frumpy/dull/boring. This is the kind of stuff I’d love to get into. Here are a few (MP4 Format):
[flv width=”420″ height=”265″]http://www.irishmark.net/MEDIA//2008/11/prayer_as_mission.mp4[/flv] Prayer as Mission
[flv width=”420″ height=”265″]http://www.irishmark.net/MEDIA//2008/11/prayer_as_justice.mp4[/flv] Prayer as Justice [flv width=”420″ height=”265″]http://www.irishmark.net/MEDIA//2008/11/prayer_as_community.mp4[/flv] Prayer as Community [flv width=”420″ height=”265″]http://www.irishmark.net/MEDIA//2008/11/prayer_as_a_movement.mp4[/flv] Prayer as a Movement
1. You shall not put your blog before your integrity.
2. You shall not make an idol of your blog.
3. You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog.
5. Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes.
6. You shall not murder someone else’s honour, reputation or feelings.
7. You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind.
8. You shall not steal another person’s content.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger.
10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s blog ranking. Be content with your own content.
wasn’t 100% happy with the last design, the protrait one, It didnt feel me. It was far too serious but was born from using my new lens so there ya go.
Have tyhis shiney new one instead.!
Last night, my gorgeous wifey and i decided to go and see Quantum of Solace after church. Now before i commence this rant i have o say we both loved it. The film is a great Bond movie. I can understand why it has gotten some bad reviews but i think that’s just plain narrow-mindedness. For a film legacy to continue it must evolve. This is not the tongue and cheek type of film we used to know in the days of Connery and Moore. No Craig plays a very sinister Bad Ass MoFo of an agent who makes the guys from “Spooks” look like sissys.
Every single shot was beautifully crafted but the story line left me wanting a little bit more and not in a satisfied “cant wait for the next one” kind of way. It felt a bit too much like it was focusing on Bonds bereavements rather than ass woopin. That said, it’s still really really great. I still miss not seeing “Q” ad cant wait for when they do introduce him, if ever.
THE RANT BIT What annoyed me the most as this: I had managed to not read any reviews or see any trailers for he movie. I wanted my eyes to be un-tainted and virginal to this film. They were when we walked into the cinema. BUT then they started with th ads. There were about 15 mins of ads from watches to computer games based around the movie and very single one showed footage from the film. WHAT IDIOT DIDNT THINK THIS ONE THROUGH. They may as well have shown the whole movie in a 10 Min promo. Ok ok, so it wasn’t that bad but it did severely annoy me.
Be warned! Spoilers in the adverts!
The fish head was weird. The drive home was horrible as the rain was chucking it down and was no fun to deal with.
Other photos include Dan (the singer and my cameraman fr the day)with his feat of snow prowess..
and some pretty autumnal leaves.
Also – I’ve created a VIMEO page. YouTube is becomming a pain, The quality is rubbish and it takes hours to upload to so there you have it.[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/2141099[/vimeo]
This was done on an N95 – 8GB.–EPOC32-9Pzm6x9_6tZlV+6WqWw’q2ND3P+cGZVtTGZm’H_xqG’Vh’YLContent-Type: image/jpegContent-Disposition: attachment; filename=”11102008250.jpg”Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
They say that when you get older you will start to see a tendency for your body to slow down. This is when you start growing hair in places like your nose and ears and another thing is that you may start putting on weight a little easier.
I’ve been 30 only a few days now and its already started. The last 2 nights in a row the waistband of my jeans felt tight. I’ve been noticing a bulge around my belly. Quickly realising that i wasn’t pregnant i thought it may be the marriage weight gain which i attribute not to weight gain but more to stomach muscle relaxation which results in a slight protrusion.
What i question is, was always unaware that i had been sucking it in ever so slightly? I know i was no fat bastard – I’ve always been captain skinny, its just a bit of a shock to realize that even I can put on some weight and grow a belly. I think it really is time to get the bike out of Carolyn’s shed.
This was done on an N95 – 8GB.–EPOC32-gWLccR_wCBcq0SCJMtNx2X7TKP,z0_wmrFmlSY,y1TBR5xW,Content-Type: image/jpegContent-Disposition: attachment; filename=”11102008250.jpg”Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
While playing the game, press Up to display Niko’s cell phone. Press Up again to access the keypad. Then, enter one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function. Once a code has been entered correctly, a new “Cheats” menu option will be available on your phone, below “Options”, where you can access the cheats without having to enter the phone number again. Note: Do not save the game after enabling a code to avoid unforeseen problems. Enabling some cheats will prevent the indicated achievement(s) from being earned. You can usually only spawn one vehicle at a time. Any previously spawned vehicles will disappear. However, if you spawn a vehicle, save the game, and load again, you can spawn another one and your original will not disappear. You must have it in your parking space in front of a safehouse or it will be gone before you have a chance to spawn another.
- Full health and armorDial “3625550100” on the cell phone. If you enter this code while in a vehicle, it will also repair it. Note: This phone number translates to “DOC-555-0100”. This code prevents the “Cleaned The Mean Streets”, “Finish Him”, “One Man Army”, and “Walk Free” achievements from being earned.
- Full health, armor, and ammunitionDial “4825550100” on the cell phone. If you enter this code while in a vehicle, it will also repair it. Note: This phone number translates to “GTA-555-0100”. This code prevents the “Cleaned The Mean Streets” achievement from being earned.
- Weapons tier 1Dial “4865550100” on the cell phone. This will unlock the baseball bat, handgun, shotgun, MP5, M4, sniper rifle, RPG, and grenades. Note: This phone number translates to “GUN-555-0150”. This code prevents the “Cleaned The Mean Streets” achievement from being earned.
- Weapons tier 2Dial “4865550150” on the cell phone. This will unlock the knife, Molotov c**ktails, handgun, shotgun, Uzi, AK47, sniper rifle, and RPG. Note: This phone number translates to “GUN-555-0100”. This code prevents the “Cleaned The Mean Streets” achievement from being earned.
- Remove Niko’s wanted levelDial “2675550100” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “COP-555-0100”. This code prevents the “One Man Army” and “Walk Free” achievements from being earned.
- Add one star to Niko’s wanted levelDial “2675550150” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “COP-555-0150”.
- Spawn Annihilator police helicopterDial “3595550100” on the cell phone. The Annihilator is armed with rockets. Note: This phone number translates to “FLY-555-0100”. This code prevents the “One Man Army” and “Walk Free” achievements from being earned.
- Spawn CognoscentiDial “2275550142” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “CAR-555-0142”.
- Spawn CometDial “2275550175” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “CAR-555-0175”.
- Spawn FBI BuffaloDial “2275550100” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “CAR-555-0100”.
- Spawn JetmaxDial “9385550100” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “WET-555-0100”.
- Spawn NRG-900Dial “6255550100” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “MBK-555-0100”.
- Spawn SanchezDial “6255550150” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “MBK-555-0150”.
- Spawn SuperGTDial “2275550168” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “CAR-555-0168”.
- Spawn TurismoDial “2275550147” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “CAR-555-0147”.
- Change weather and brightnessDial “4685550100” on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to “HOT-555-0100”.
The following codes require “The Lost And Damned” bonus downloadable content:
- Spawn BurritoDial “8265550150” on the cell phone.
- Spawn Double T bikeDial “2455550125” on the cell phone.
- Spawn Hakuchou bikeDial “2455550199” on the cell phone.
- Spawn Hexer bikeDial “2455550150” on the cell phone.
- Spawn Innovation bikeDial “2455550100” on the cell phone.
- Spawn SlamvanDial “8265550100” on the cell phone.
- Assault shotgun: Successfully complete 40 gang wars and the “Heavy Toll” mission.
- Automatic pistol: Successfully complete 20 gang wars.
- Carbine rifle: Successfully complete 30 gang wars.
- Grenade launcher: Successfully complete 50 gang wars.
- Sawed-off shotgun: Successfully complete 10 gang wars.
Successfully complete the indicated task to make the corresponding weapon deliverable by Jim:
- Automatic pistol: Successfully complete the “Bad Cop Drop” mission.
- Pipe bombs: Successfully complete the “Hit The Pipe” mission.
- Annihilator police helicopter: Collect all 200 pigeons (flying rats).
No ammo limit: Get a 100% completion.
Rastah Color Huntley SUV: Successfully complete 10 Package Delivery missions.
Alex (screen name “LiberatedWoman”)
- Method: Look for the personal ad from “LiberatedWoman” in the “Women seeking men” section of the “www.craplist.net” website. Alex is somewhat of a self-centered, spoiled rotten rich girl. She will compliment Niko for wearing expensive clothing and driving expensive cars. She will also write about her exploits with Niko in her blog at “www.blogsnobs.org“. Reach 80% friendship with her.
Special ability: 50% off at all clothing stores.
- Method: Take him bowling, drinking, eating, strip clubs, shows, helicopter tours, and boating to reach 70% friendship.
Special ability (Chopper Ride): Call Brucie, and he will fly his helicopter to you. This allows you to fast travel to various portions of the city.
Carmen (screen name “SoboHoe”)
- Special ability (Health Boost): Restores Niko’s health over the phone. She will call Niko every chance she gets.
- Method: Take him to strip clubs, eating, drinking, shows, and bowling to reach 60% friendship.
Special ability (Extra Help): Call Dwayne to have a car full of gang members follow you.
Kiki (screen name “LawChick”)
- Method: Date LawChick via “www.love-meet.net” through the in-game internet. Take her out a few times to reach 75% friendship. When dropping her off, select the “Try your luck” option. Afterwards, she will call you and say she can clear the feds.
Special ability (Remove Up to 3 Wanted Stars): Call her on your cell phone, and select “Clear wanted levels”.
- Method: Take him to darts, shows, pool, drinking, eating, and strip clubs to reach 60% friendship.
Special ability (Discount Guns): Call Little Jacob, and he will drive out a car full of guns for you to buy.
- Method: Take him to strip clubs, shows, darts, drinking, bowling, pool to reach 75% friendship.
Special ability (Boom?): Call Packie, and he will make a car bomb for you.
- Method: Take him to bowling, darts, drinking, eating, pool, shows, and the strip club to reach 60% friendship.
Special ability (Free Ride): Call Roman, and he will send a free cab.
- Method: Successfully complete all 30 of his vehicle thefts.
Special ability: The South Bohan garage will now offer money for any vehicle you deliver. The better the condition, the more money you will earn.
- Successfully complete all 90 story and procedural missions to get 68% complete.
Successfully complete all 30 vehicle thefts to get an additional 2%.
Successfully complete all 50 stunt jumps to get an additional 2.5%.
Collect all 200 pigeons (flying rats) to get an additional 2.5%.
Find all random characters and complete their missions to get an additional 5%.
Successfully complete all 20 vigilante crimes to get an additional 2.5%.
Kill all 30 people on the list to get an additional 2.5%.
Beat friends or computers at every activity to get an additional 5%.
Get all your friend’s special abilities and do all their activities to get an additional 10%. Note: This does not include Dwayne or Roman.
Lost and the damned
826-555-0150 – Spawns a Burrito.
245-555-0125 – Spawns a Double T.
245-555-0199 – Spawns a Hakuchou.
245-555-0150 – Spawns a Hexer.
245-555-0100 – Spawns an Innovation.
826-555-0100 – Spawns a Slamvan.
last night we had an interesting eve where i dyed ruth’s hair for her. I guess it’s oneof those things one should do before you turn 30…
On another note: I was thinking about before 30 lists and thought i’d respond to the one i found on :blinman.com
50 things to do before you’re 30
1. Have a really stupid accident which necessitates a hospital visit – I was never hospitalised but i dunno how i walked away from it.
2. Shoot something – yes, Do fairground shooting games count? I won a cuddly toy too.
3. Take a weekend break more than 1000 miles from home – No and i never saw the point
4. Boot Linux on your home PC – I am geeky but not THAT geeky
5. Get lost in a country where you don’t speak the language – I have never been lost, but sometimes i haven’t been completly sure where i was.
6. Spend more than your monthly income on a pocket sized gadget – define pocket sized.
7. Post bail for a friend – nope
8. Break a really large plate glass window – yup, when i was about 9 and I ran away.
9. Make a parachute jump on a hangover – never done a parachute jump at all but would love to.
10. Use a whole roll of gaffa tape in one day – yes, several times.
11. Make a pointless modification to your house – yes, bogroll tower bathroom lining at Uni flat.
12. Neck a pint of peppermint oil – why would you? So no but i did down a mucky pint which consisted of a double baileys, half a cider and a concoction of unknowns..
13. Pull a shemale by mistake (but realise in time…) – thankfully no.
14. Buy a samurai sword – no but i hve cut my finger on one.
15. Delay paying a bill until the summons arrives – sadly yes.
16. Destroy a speed camera – oh how i have wanted to.
17. Refill an inkjet cartridge -yes but failed at this comically
18. Say something obscene on national television – nope
19. Do a J turn in order to beat somebody to a parking space – no but done a donut in a carpark to achieve the same effect.
20. Break a sledgehammer – broken a mallet – does that count?
21. Make a bomb – yes, i did tie about 10 german bangers together when i was 8 and blew a metalbucket to bits..
22. Smash a CRT – yes and enjoyed it.
23. Require medical treatment as a consequence of kinky sex gone wrong (STDs don’t count.)– no no no
24. Tip a waiter with something other than money – yes, a sainsburys voucher.
25. Light a fire with petrol – yes, wen i was 8 and yes it did get a little out of control.
26. Kidnap someone – no
27. Park inside a motorway service station – yeah
28. Own a convertible. – yes (well looked after for over a year)
29. Live abroad. – yes, student exchange in spain.
30. Drive at more than 140mph. – nearly
31. Get something for free through a masterpiece of complaining – yes, got a better phone upgrade several times.
32. Give yourself a mains electric shock. – yes when i was 6 with an old electric fire.
33. Completely dismantle an object larger than yourself – yes, various video walls
34. Write off a car – yes, mom’s fiat uno.
35. Fall asleep and get really hilarious sunburn – yes
36. Get drunk on Absinthe – yes at UNI – it was messy too.
37. Stay up all night listening to a girl have an emotional crisis – yes
38. Lick the terminals of a 9 volt battery – yes, many times
39. Take part in motorsport – not YET
40. Stay at the office for more than 24 hours – yes many many MANY times but now i do averything to avoid it.
41. Set off a fire extinguisher – oh yeah, great fun.
42. Drive at least 600 miles in a day on two lane roads -no
43. Hotwire a car – yes but it was a banger in a scrap yard and a friend was showing me how to prove a point.
44. Watch all the Monty Python films In one sitting – no
45. Shag an ex-girlfriend by mistake – no
46. Dial 999 – no
47. Commit a faux pas which means that a friend will never speak to you again – no
48. Make a bet you couldn’t afford to lose – yes
49. Read a 500 page book in one sitting – yes
50. Escape a perfectly justified parking ticket. – yes
Ok so taking libertis at the “sort of” answers i give myself a score of: 28 out of 50 – Not bad how will you score?
Firstly I must say Happy birthday to my sis! I love yo Sandra and i think you are an amazing mother and sister.
Seeing as Sandra’s birthday is to day this can only mean that my brithday is looming, by thursday it’s the big one.
Wow. It just feels absolutely ridiculous that I am going to be 30 years old! When did i suddenly get to this age. In some ways i have real reservations about it. Its a lot of little things like not wanting to be all responsible and wanting to have longer summer holidays – you know the kind of things i used to do as kid. Even that shows it up, it shows up the ageing process. It shows that i really am a grown up now. HA! It just doesn’t feel like it should be this way and this has been making me get my stress on a bit….
I think about how my life is. I really am at a great point in my life. I have never ever been happier. I have an amazing Wife, i have a great job which i love, I have a wonderful family and a great bunch of friends and the really great thing is that it just keeps getting better and better. As i read through the stuff i wrote about my last birthday I can see how things just have been getting better all the time.
I really am so thankful for all i have and I thank GOD for every bit of it.