SO our car has been a bit on the blink recently and there’s a growing list of things that need doing to it and it makes me worry that she’s just dying a slow and soon-to-be expensive death. I could be wrong but i like the melodrama i’m generating as its matching my current mood.
The fault list is as follows:
- Speedometer Dropping: The speedo occasionally drops down to nothing while driving coupled with a drop in power. Usually this only lasts a few moments but this past weekend it don’t come back. Even after pulling over and turning the engine off it still didn’t play. It was only after i disconnected the battery, and reconnected it that it worked properly again. Luckily I have a speed app on y phone which is a temp backup if it goes again.
- Engine inconsistently running very hot: The engine normally runs at 70but I’ve noticed more and more i look down and its up at around 90. The inconsistency is that later on in the same journey it’ll be down to 70 again. If anything i’ve only seemed to notice this while in heavy traffic.
- Sticking Clutch: This has only happened a handful of times but it’s been unpleasant to deal with in heavy traffic. The clutch sticks halfway down the stroke. This means i have to hook my toe under the pedal and pull it back out. This again has only seemed to happen in heavy, slow moving, clutch busy traffic.
- Sometimes very smokey: Sometimes it’s really smokey at high revs but it’s not all the time so its difficult to figure out why.
- Internal Blower not working: Just after we arrived at New Wine i noticed that the fan blower had stopped working.. It’s just completely dead. With colder weather creeping in this needs to get sorted soon!!!
- Drivers side key lock gone: Our car was broken in to a couple of weeks back and they smashed the lock in so that still needs sorting.
- Groaning Brakes: It’s like a low frequency groan that only happens at certain speeds and sounds like its coming from the left front brake.
- Rear wiper: It’s supposed to be intermittent. Since we’ve owned the car its inter-working. It would be nice to get to work properly.
Hopefully it wont all cost us the price of a small car…
This is my new niece.
Emma Margaret Mary Holmes.
Born 9:15, 15th day of September in the year of our Lord 2010.
Aint she just GORGEOUS!!! She is No. Six in the Holmes clan and everyone is healthy and happy. Cant wait to go up to Glasgow and meet her.
If you’ve been following my statuses over the past couple of weeks you will have seen that my head has been all over the shop. In any new job this is to be expected but I just didn’t expect it to happen so soon and to the degree that it has.
My first few days here at Tearfund were overshadowed by a common theme; INFORMATION OVERLOAD. Going from a small production company to a big company like Tearfund has been a little overwhelming. There are soooo many abbreviations, processes, systems and people!!! Yeah People! I’m not used to this many people around me! This is not a bad thing though! It’s great because everyone is so lovely and friendly ALL the time. It makes this such a lovely place to work.
Last week we went on our “Journey” conference which was brilliant. This was total immersion into what the team I’ve joined does. It was full-on and I was challenged in so much: My attitude towards poverty, the poor, the government, politicians, my faith, my actions, the world and my life in general – just the small stuff!
So far this job has been amazing. It’s not been too difficult and it’s not been easy but I’ve loved all the ways in which I have been challenged. I love the fact that it challenges me so much that it is shaking me off my comfy foundations and making me look at the world and everyone in it with fresh eyes.
Probably the biggest challenge is the idea that life will never be the same. Living a compassion filled life HURTS and it wont stop hurting cause when it does it means that my effectiveness may come in to question. You may read this thinking it’s full on but i write all this with a huge smile on my face. It’s a GOOD hurt and its a GOOD challenge. It’s a good way to live my life….
It has been full on and i am tired – All this has left me feeling like this:
I’m really happy with this piece. It’s the first vid I’ve done in a while that is 100% my work. Most things i’ve done in the past have been done using Camera men and sound guys but this is all me.
Shot on a small Sony HDV A1e and cut in Final Cut Express.
The film is about the experiences of people who have gone on Tearfund’s “Transform” Mission trips and will be used as a promo piece to encourage people to go on them next year.
Hope you enjoy!
Here’s a screen grab of a small piece I’m doing for Tearfund which, so far, I’m really happy with.
I’ll link to the final page and video once its up and live.