Skip to main content

work – floor – slamming

By 22 Mar ’09August 2nd, 2011No Comments

Work – This week has been intense! On [intlink id=”1444″ type=”post”]Paddy’s day[/intlink] I had BAA in to review an edit. The job in question had started out quite sternly as my bosses were originally managing it but now the job is mine and it’s all going smoothly. I think the client was pleasantly surprised to see how far along it is and that my suggestions on editorial changes made sense. There’s stll alot to do but it’s all good and its progressing well.

On Wed morning I had a meeting with some people at BTP (i know you are prolly wondering who they are but i am not sure if i should be stating more than the abbreviated names for confidentiality reasons). They asked us to come in for a briefing meeting and i was the lucky one to go give them our pitch which they seemed to have loved so far. Looks like next week will be another silly busy weel as a result. I then had to jump on a train to go back to Hemel to continue the finishing touches to a job we were doing for Vanderlande. The plan for the eve was to get a train back to london and tube it back to acton but i was worried about having to work really late and so i asked wifey if she’d be up for picking me up from Hemel. She was very very brave and did her first solo motorway drive and i was very proud of her. When she arrived we got a kebab and i finished up what i could then we left the office at 11:00pm.I could have just taken the camera car home but because i had the car booked in for a service in the morning i needed ruth to collect me so i could drive our car to hemel in the morning.

Friday morning had me up at 6:20am in order to get to the office to receive any later given comments from the client. At about 8:30 i went to drop the car off to the garage. When i got there they had no record of my booking!!! grrrrr! So the whole rigmarole of the previous night ended up being un-needed but it was good for Ruth to do it. The plan for the rest of this day was to upload the final versions of the programme to the web for the client and go home early. I didn’t leave till about 6pm and when i left i left the mac on uploading a couple of files and i brought home the macbook in order to upload some others from here. We did have a nice eve though. We had Dan and Suzie over for dinner. We had a really nice eve with them and ate CHILLI MMMMMM 17288

floor – Yesterday ruth and i went down to Henley with my folks. The plan was that my dad and I were going to put down the flooring for their caravan’s awning. (Rough muddy ground) + (odd bits of wood) – (appropriate tools) = a fun afternoon with my dad! It was actually all right. We had a good time doing it and we worked well together but it was knackering. I was glad to come home

slamming – We came home and i watched Ireland win the GRAND SLAM. That really was a great game of rugby. While wales were the favourites it was great to see Ireland finally pull it together for a victorious finale. Rock on IRELAND!


Author Mark

More posts by Mark

Leave a Reply