So i made some tweaks to this current theme.
It was all getting a bit too messy with all the twitter related posts so i thought i’d sort it our and I made the decision to remove any twitter posts from the main pages. At the moment they can only be viewed on my twitter page but they are still being posted to the site. I’ll address being able to access them separately on another day i think.
In doing all this i did want to be able to still use the sidebar for tweets but the plugin I use for twitter integration (twitter tools) doesn’t give enough control for being able to sort it so I decided do it manually just to see if i could and thanks to some code from WPRecipies i’ve been able to make it work.
Here’s a list of the main tweaks:
- Widened entire theme by 100px
- Widened sidebar by 100px
- Created “Latest Tweet” module at top of sidebar
- Gotten rid of global image borders in favour of content section only borders – was making the “my linkage” thumbs look messy.
- Cleared global link underlining in favour of text only underlining for links which prevents images from having the annoying underlined but (still exists for hover).
- Changed some of the “My Linkage” thumbs.
- Sorted the page navigation for archived posts at bottom of page.
- Tidied the footer text.
To see the main differences see the two images below:
So far I’m happy with the results but i suspect more tweaking will follow.