It’s that time of year again and I’ve just booked the car in for it’s M.O.T. with the garage down the road from Tearfund. The car is definitely starting to feel old so I’m hoping that it passes with relative ease. If it’s expensive that may be a problem cause with the change in the law to women’s car insurance brokers this year, it means that our policy will cost more.
We may be looking at having to replace her which is sad as I think this week our last payment just went out which means that she is finally all ours!
I really love our car.
There are a few things that need doing:
- The Annoying Rattle: for over a year now there has been this really annoying tinkly/rattle coming from the front passenger side of the car. I don’t know if it’s from the wheel or the suspension but I do know that it didn’t affect the MOT last year. It kinda sounds like a loose washer or summat.
- Rear Window Wiper: About 18 months ago was the last time i was able to use the rear wiper. Either the wiring or the motor has gone but for months there was a hopeful clicking, sometimes a whine from it but now it just clicks at me but doesn’t actually do any wiping. Nits now a decorative piece a bit like the angel on a Rolls only more rubbery and its on the back of the car instead on the nose.
- Groaning / Squeaky Brakes: They either groan or they squeak, it’s not fun but luckily it’s also not all the time. They were last changed at QuikFit and the i brought it back to them a few days later when it was squeaking quite a bit but was told it would take a while for the pads to bed in…they’ve been “bedding in” for 2 years now.
- Sticky Clutch: Over the past few months the clutch has stated to stick when letting it out. It occasionally gets caught on the last third of its extension which means you have to hook your toe on it and pull it free which is irritating.
- Full service is also due, so should get new sparks and oil too.
Will just hope and pray it’s not mahoosivley expensive!