- I’m sad :
- that you died
- I never got to meet you in person
- I never got to bounce you on my knee or throw you in the air to catch you
- I never got to rush home for bath time
- I never got to see you learn how to walk, speak, play, love,
- I never hot to hear you crying, giggling or getting overly excited.
- I never got to see you grow up in to the amazing human being you were going to be
- I miss:
- talking to you through your mother’s tummy
- singing stupid songs to you
- dreaming about what you are going to look like
- imagining what you will be like
- imaginging who you’ll be
- imagining what your personality will be like
- I’m glad:
- you were ours
- we experienced a little bit of you
- you broke our fear of being not able to get pregnant
- You are in a better place than we could ever know with the Father.
Would love to know who their ad agency is. These ads are just getting better and better.
That was an intense week. It was intense because Ruth and I are dealing with some tough times ahead of us. On the Friday before New Wine I resigned at Tearfund. After a long and arduous 10 month probation period we all came to see that this job was just not working out so we are calling it a day. In summary; I have loved working at Tearfund but I just didn’t like my job.
It’s quite disappointing. It’s quite a relief. Its also terrifying.
In three weeks time when I finish my notice period I will be re-entering the world of freelancing. In recognition that this is a difficult place to being Tearfund are offering me 3 months of freelance work with the youth and emgen team but we have yet to work out the details. I am hopeful that i will be able to continue a longer lasting professional relationship with the wider organization.
Over the week of New Wine I had space to think about what the future holds. Obviously ending a job has its worried especially in the current economic climate but I am confident that we will be just fine. There are various avenues of different free-lance work I can go back to and also new opportunities that hold much promise so it’s quite exciting in that respect.
During the week I had a real sense of God’s presence with me and during one of the evening sessions I felt God reminding me that he he is faithful:
“I’M HERE, I’M ALWAYS HERE, I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN HERE, I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU!!!!”
Because the week was so quite full on in the thought-osphere I didn’t really engage with photography and it also didn’t help not having a good data signal but I did play with some long exposure stuff as per the above photo. Have some more of the long exposure shots below.: